The Windows 10 Boot Configuration Error Code 0xc0000454 is simply a black screen error code which usually occurs with the Windows 10 Creators Update. Well, these types of errors rarely happen on the screen, and most of the Windows 10 users reported that the error arises when users have installed the latest update on their system. Sometimes, this error pops-up during the startup of Windows 10 PC. Whenever the error code 0xc0000454 appears on the screen shows an error message which says; ‘ The boot configuration data for your computer system is lost or contains errors.’ In recent research, this error is directly associated to the Windows Boot Manager entry which occurs because of the causes, is any missing in the Boot Configuration Data store, or corrupted Boot\\BCD file or many others.
Although this Windows 10 Boot Configuration Error Code 0xc0000454 is considered one of the fatal error as they prevent the system from booting. However, one of the best ways for troubleshooting this bug is just to boot the computer by using the bootable Windows Installation Media and also using system recovery. Are you facing problem in accessing your computer or unable to restart PC multiple times to remove errors from it? Do not fret. In this blog, we will guide you through steps which you have to perform in the same sequence as discussed below.
Steps to Resolve Windows 10 Boot Configuration Error Code 0xc0000454
Below we provide some simple methods for troubleshooting this Windows 10 bugs. However, these solutions will completely depend on whether you manage to boot up the computer system or not. Here are the steps:
Solution-1: Run the Startup Repair Using Pre-Installed Recovery Option
In case if you want to start your system successfully, then you have to troubleshoot the bugs by following some simple methods which are as follows:
- Firstly, delete all the external drives, whether it is CD, USB, or DVD from the device.
- Then, click on the ‘Power’ tab to restart the system.
- After that, long press the F8 key before the Windows logo appears on the screen.
- Now, navigate to the ‘Repair your computer’ option by scrolling down the window and choose it.
- Press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Next, choose the ‘Keyboard Layout’ which you want to use.
- Tap on ‘Next’ tab.
- Choose the ‘Username’ of your choice, create a ‘Password’ and tap on ‘OK’ tab.
- Now, the ‘System Recovery Option’ menu appears on the screen, form it choose ‘Startup Repair’ option if asked.
- Restart the computer system to save all the changes.
Solution-2: Run Startup Repair Using Windows 10 Installation Media Option
Sometimes, if one cannot be able to boot into the computer system normally as the computer shows an error code 0xc0000454 at the time of boot phase, we suggest you create Windows 10 installation media by using DVD or USB drive and connect it to your system. Once finished, follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- Restart your computer system.
- Hit any key on your keyboard to boot directly from the installation media.
- Choose ‘Language, Currency, Time, and Keyboard/input’ option.
- Hit the ‘Next’ tab to continue the process.
- Tap on the ‘Repair your computer’ option.
- From it, choose the type of OS which you want to repair.
- Press the ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
- Choose ‘Advanced’ option from the list and tap on the ‘Automatic Repair’ or ‘Startup’ Repair’ option.
- Once the computer system diagnoses the issue, users have to choose an issue by which you are troubled or running on your system.
- Lastly, disconnect the USB or detach DVD bootable media and try to boot your device.
Source : Windows 10 Boot Configuration Error